Tuesday, March 6, 2012

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and while I definitely have a thousand words I would love to share with you all, finding the time to do so has been somewhat difficult.  So today I thought I would let my pictures do the talking.....

This is the Freemans' home where I stayed when I was in Recife.

Me with Leticia Freeman.  One of the 20+ kids they have adopted,
she is quite a goofball and brings lots of laughter to the house :)

Andy Freeman, another one of the children, he is very loving
and always greeted me with a hug and his adorable smile.....
I love how he is totally missing the plants he is supposed to be watering :)

 
Esther, Rebekah, and Rachael Freeman (daughters of the
first Freeman son) and Kuaun Freeman (the 24th and
youngest of the children).  Kuaun loves to play with "the nieces"
and they love their uncle :)











On my last afternoon with the Freemans, they put on a
rodeo for me.  In this picture, the kids are lined up and
ready for their turn in the rodeo as Stephanie welcomed
everyone to the show. 
This picture also shows the horse arena where we played soccer.
It's hard to see, but try and notice the gravel, sticks, large pointy
objects, etc. and you will somewhat understand why my feet got so
torn up while playing :)













Leticia doing a trick on the horse during the rodeo.  After I
saw what they did during the show, I wondered why
I was so scared to simply ride a saddled, walking horse :)











If you recall from my first post, there were a lot of bugs in
Recife.  This picture shows just one of the many
lovely creatures I had to get used to :)











Just like the sunsets there, my time with the Freemans was
so marvelous......










And just like the beauty of my new home in Nepo, my time
here is proving to be every bit as wonderful  :)










Me with some of my boys from the orphanage and some
visitors from São Paulo.










Our short term missions team...me, Jessica, and Viktoria.
After they leave in the beginning of April, it will be just me and
therefore, I cling all the more to the promise of Joshua 1:9  :)










Some of the cuties that I get to take care of in the morning  :)










And some of the older boys....I just love how they pose for photos :)










So I've discovered that if you have a camera with you there will instantly
be a handful of boys that surround you and want to take pictures.  They
especially like taking pictures of themselves as is the case here with Alexandro. 
You will notice in this picture that he took the lovely little fly that
is crawling on the food he is eating.  This is also completely normal as the
flies here are probably as bad as the plague was in Egypt....I have
definitely gotten used to them not only swarming all around you all the
time, but also all over your food even on the bite you are about to take....
thankfully, I have not swallowed one yet  :)












And this is the reason for the flies (the cows, not Alan)  :) 











The pigs are also a reason for the flies, but I really included this one for
you Beth....notice how cute the three little piglets are  :)

















We went for a walk and the boys were picking goyabas
and really wanted me to eat one....needless to say, after my experience in Recife
with goyabas, I was a little hesitant to try it again.  But, thankfully, this time
I did not chip my tooth, thoroughly enjoyed the goyaba, and realized that I
most certainly did not have a ripe one in Recife...hence the chipped tooth  :)




















A typical Sunday morning ride to church....all 40+ of us pile into a tiny
bus....car seats and seat belts are definitely not used or even heard of here  :)















Reginaldo and Alison....these two brothers and their other brother (see the
picture below) have absolutely stolen my heart  :)














































































































Me and my buddy Alifer.....such a sweetheart  :)




Along with falling in love with the kids here, I also love the town of
Nepomuceno where I am living.  Here you find beautiful flowers, grand churches, and.....


















.....random cows in the middle of the main street  :)

















And to end this first picture tour, I thought I´d leave you with the view
from my back porch where our hammock hangs and our
view is always this glorious :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great set of pictures! Your parents and family are sure to be very grateful for them as well as the comments. I love your positive attitude and love you! The sunset at GOTM is spectacular and the kids are all adorable. So, so thankful for your willingness to serve. You will be richly blessed. Love, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cloud pictures, love the random cow, love the 3 little pigs, love the huge insect on your prettily painted toe, love that you were scared of a horse and that child is standing on one and love those precious boys! So, have you tried pennies in baggies of water yet for the flies - or don't you have any pennies down there...? :D
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh i looove this post! So fun to see everything! What gorgeous photos! I can't wait to hear about it first hand! love you! -Leah

    ReplyDelete